Life without Anorexia
My motto is 'Dont let the sadness of your past & the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present'
I am a generally happy girl who loves running, going to the gym and eating food!! Though my life has been very different.
I spent 5 years sick with anorexia nervosia & purging tendencies & over exercising. I was depressed and self harmed. I spent 2 years in different treatment centres.
After alot of struggles, lots of ups and downs, suicide attempts, tears, anxiety, panic and never thinking i would be healthy.
I am now declared healthy from anorexia nervosia.
I have been blogging for 4 years, and my whole journey is written in my posts. I now represent healthy and happiness. I want to show anyone struggling that it is possible to recover, no matter how hard it may seem.
I am happy and healthy and living my life. Going to school, meeting friends and trying to find myself in this world.
I write about my daily life, but also try to write posts about how it was when i was sick, advice and tips.
I am open and friendly, so dont be scared about writing a post or sending me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, September 1, 2016
9 random facts about me
1) I hate that inbetween stage when i am working out and i am super warm on the inside but not sweating. Then i need to either start doing burpees and squat jumps to get my heart rate up completely and start sweating, or need to just rest for 5 minutes to cool down. But that inbetween stage when you are just super warm inside... i hate it.
2) I am that annoying person who picks the raisins and nuts out of muslie - not because i dont like them, but because they are the only part of the muslie i want!! Now when i live on my own and buy my own food i dont need to annoy anyone else with my weird habit.
3) If i need to eat with a spoon for example yoghurt, cereal, soup etc i always eat with a small spoon. The big spoons are just too big.... i guess i am just still too immature for the big spoon XD
4) I rather wake up 2 hours earlier in the morning than have to rush with only 20 minutes in the morning.
5) I wear the same outfits over and over and if i know i wont see the same people two days in a row ill wear the same outfit two days in a row.....
6) I find it hard to spent 500kr on a hair cut or a top - but if i am craving certain food or want to bake, then ill easily spend 500kr on food. I dont know why i think this way, but i guess i just priortize food into my budget first and dont think that clothes, hair cuts or anything else are necessities or priorities.
7) I cant watch a whole 90 minute film without having to pause it and go do something else or browse another website, but i can watch 90 minutes of youtube videos non stop... I guess its because there is a "pause" between each video and you dont need to concentrate to understand what is happening. And mostly it is just background noise while i scroll through social media on my phone.
8) Since my phone broke several weeks ago i have realised just how dependant people are on their phones.... my school schedule, and school app - so that i can read documents and litteratur on a phone, my work schedule, my email accounts, gps and data, an app to log into my bank accounts, an app to log into different accounts such as to check my medication, hospital appointments etc, an app to check the bus times etc was all on my phone. As well as always have access to google things whenever i needed to.... and now... well now i have relied on asking strangers for directions, actually walking to the bus station and waiting instead of being right on time, having to ask people in my class for my schedule (Or log onto my computer!) and having to wait until i can sit down with a computer to read litteratur. Of course you dont need a smart phone but it sure makes life simpler, and i am very impressed with myself that i have gone this many weeks without a real smart phone!
9)I am a "clean-messy person" i.e ill keep the rest of the house clean, well as clean as i can keep it, but my room.... well that is a whole different story and i like to think, my room is my personal space and the state of cleanliness in my room is often a reflection of how i am feeling as well as my work load at the moment. I.e messy room = little time = more stressed/feeling low. But a clean room = either more time or in a better mood!