- Performance gets worse. Okay so if you’re working out way too much you will start to realise that you’re not able to do what you’re usually able to. This usually is a sign that your muscles haven’t been able to recover in time for your next work out, which means you just need to take a rest.
- Problems sleeping, low on energy and mood swings. Workouts are usually about to boost energy levels and also your mood, however if it seems harder than normal it might be a sign that you need to take a step back.
- Feeling that unless your workout is so many hours or minutes long that it doesn’t count. What you need to remember is that your body has it’s own limit, after a certain amount of time has passed your body will start to produce chemicals to try to minimize damage,after this point it’s not to help you get stronger and fitter. If you’re a beginner, you should work out at a low intensity for a longer period of time, however, if you’re working out at a higher intensity, you should work out for a shorter period of time. Instead of working out for long periods of time, increase the intensity.
- Having your life revolve around your workouts. That’s not how fitness works, fitness is supposed to make our lives better, not be the only thing in our lives. So don’tstop going out with your friends and family, to go and work out, fit your workouts in around your life.
- Working out even if you’re ill or in pain. This is not okay. If your body is in pain or you’re ill, you need to give it time to get better. By working out when you’re ill or in pain, you’re putting extra stress on your body and that is the last thing you need. Rest, let your body get better, and then work out.
- If you’re doing way too much every day. If you’re working out way too much and doing the same thing every day, you’re not giving your body enough time to heal. Remember that just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should do it every single day.
- In pain all the time. Managing your pain, there are some people who don’t get sore after workouts, there are some that do, it’s natural, however if you’re so sore that you can’t move properly then that is a sign that you’re doing too much. You need time to recover, and your muscles are probably in a lot of pain.
Life without Anorexia
My motto is 'Dont let the sadness of your past & the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present'
My life at the moment is completely different to how it once was. I spent 5 years sick with anorexia nervosia and depression as well as struggling with self harm and overexercising. I spent 2 years in different treatment centres.
And since 2012 i have been declared healthy from my eating disorder.
I have been blogging for 7 years, and my whole journey is written in my posts. I now represent healthy and happiness. I want to show anyone struggling that it is possible to recover, no matter how hard it may seem.
I now blog about recovery, my life, veganism and positivity!
If you have any questions leave them in the comment section as i am much quicker at answering there, otherwise you can always send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, August 22, 2014
Signs you are over exercising
Remember that recovery after working out is just as important as working out in the gym or wherever you happen to exercise. But regardless of this people still workout because they think it feels right. Fitness can be really addictive, but it is also important to make sure that we are injury free.
Remember that recovery is the reason you get fitter and stronger, because during the recovery your muscles rebuild and grow stronger.
What you need to remember is that someactivity is better than none at all, too much exercise can be worse. There are symptoms like heart problems, insomnia, illness, injury and depression.
Okay so what are some of the signs that you’re working out too much?
You need to take steps to make sure that your body is recovering. Rest is just an important as working out.