Life without Anorexia

My motto is
'Dont let the sadness of your past & the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present'

My life at the moment is completely different to how it once was. I spent 5 years sick with anorexia nervosia and depression as well as struggling with self harm and overexercising. I spent 2 years in different treatment centres.
And since 2012 i have been declared healthy from my eating disorder.

I have been blogging for 7 years, and my whole journey is written in my posts. I now represent healthy and happiness. I want to show anyone struggling that it is possible to recover, no matter how hard it may seem.

I now blog about recovery, my life, veganism and positivity!

If you have any questions leave them in the comment section as i am much quicker at answering there, otherwise you can always send an email:


Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day number 2 complete!

My day at the hospital started with 20 blood vials to be filled - 3 needles later and it was time to eat breakfast. At this point my hunger had come and gone, but once I began eating my hunger came back.... and don't go away. But no time to go buy anything to eat because it was time for an X ray, followed by a whole body scan (for bone density and even fat percent,  i think? That would be interesting to know. )
  Then i had to do a cardio test, this tests the oxygen in my blood but also my cardio level.... and it went really well. Last year I cycled up to 162 watts and that was above average for my age, and this year I cycled up to 205 watts - I'm trying to find a comparison to see what level I'm at!! Also,  my resting heart rate is around 60... which is like an athletes level? That's kinda fun!!!

Then it was 2 whole hours for lunch and a lot of waiting time. My battery was slowly dying... It feels like I use my phone for 5 minutes and it goes from 60% to 40%. I think I need a new battery. ... i was planning on answering emails today as well. But as my battery was dying i had to save it.
I instead did some walking around the hospital - almost like a workout the building is so big!!
   I also saw 2 people from my school and a staff from Mando - i did my best You can't see me walk & hide! !!

And then my last appointment was for my lungs - lots of different tests. Which was nothing strange but one of the tests where it was like blocking off my oxygen almost hot me hyperventilating - imagine trying to breathe with a plastic bag around your mouth,  that's how it felt for like 3 minutes :(

And finally, yawning and trying to kep myself awake, i could leave the hospital after almost 7 hours. And today was my last day!!! Yayy i survived. and i will get the results in August. So hopefully everything went well :)

Now my stomach is growling - and has been for the last hour, so can't wait until I'm home to make a big snack!!! ^_^

Also, Thank you for all the comments and suggestions. You've got my mind working hard and can't wait to sit and write all the answers and posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment